Saturday, June 15, 2013

14. Just a quick update


Its saturday. My first weekend home in what feels like forever. Its a beautiful day already out there. The sun is up, birds are chirping, The Farmers market will be gearing up, as will the stampede. I will be here on my couch.
I suppose I have made progress this week. At least everyone else feels i have. I can get to the bathroom on my own. And I can also get my own drinks. So, I guess that's a good step. Its just not good enough for me.
Yesterday, I actually took my first bath in like a month, without a shower chair or without being assisted. I thought it would be wonderful. The water just didn't feel right on my skin. Its like I had a bath fizzy in the tub.. but I didn't. I thought shaving my legs would go great and I wouldnt look like a mangy Fox that just ran through a pricker bush, but my hands just werent steady enough. I thought I'd be able to style my hair by holding the hairdryer in one hand and a brush in the other. But that didn't go so well either. I thought when I looked in the mirror I would havd less grey hair than I actually did.
I sat at the dinner table with everyone and put on a smile and I think they actually thought I was part of the group. But I didn't feel like it. I could barely keep conversation. I had to concentrate on chewing very slowly to make sure I swallow it correctly. I could only see everything to my left,And I was nervous and hot tbe whole time.
I would like this blog post to be more inspirational and up beat....
Tomorrow is another day...

2 comments:

  1. Try to keep your spirits up. Be proud and grateful for the progress you've made, and faithful that you're making more and more progress every day. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Be strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be so hard on yourself. We are so proud of your determination and progress. You are an inspiration to many. Keep up the hard work. We love you.

    ReplyDelete