Tuesday, May 14, 2013

1. Dont judge a book by its cover

As the saying goes "Don't judge a book by its cover". So should be the saying "Don't judge a blog by its first page".  I have no intention for this to be some over inflated account of my life.  My intent is to bring people closer to my life and maybe even provide help, support and inspiration to someone in  need.  Who knows, maybe if I do something to become remarkable in the future, this blog might transform into a book. If it does,  please don't let the fact that you read the blog deter you from buying the book....I will need all the profits I can get.
I remember someone asking, while I was growing up, If I always "fell in shit and came up smelling like roses"?  My answer was "yes". I always attributed my luck and good fortune to having a good solid  moral and ethical core.  I am honest and fair and try to be humble and treat others right.  I think this puts me at peace with the world.  As long as you are "real" and "live by the rules" you stay squared up with "the man in charge of it all" and he does his best to look out and provide for you.
So, I will start a few years back.  I was in my glory. A single mom raising a beautiful daughter, managing a vineyard & winery, flying airplanes with my friends, riding horses, enjoying fancy dinners and travelling fun places.  I was even in the 'process' for the CT State Police.  Why?  Because I could.
During this time, I "found" my husband.  Or, vice versa... still a point of debate for us.  What we did not debate, or even question, is that we were meant for each other. So, we got married pretty quickly. We had a big few years.  All within 2 years we had our first son, had our first daughter together, moved to a new house and welcomed my parents to live with us as well. We also endured some major stressors: a custody battle over my oldest daughter and the fact that our youngest was born with a heart defect. I swear, these took years off my life.  I then decided to jump into the unknown and leave my job.  For what seemed like forever, that was MY job and that job was ME.  If I was to begin to paint even the tip of the iceberg on why I left, this blog would have to be called "MY WONDERFUL LIFE, as a winery manager.  But, its not!
I began my new life as a stay at home mom of three.  I have never had such a challenging job!  Just like everything else I do, though, I not only wanted to DO it I wanted to excel in it!  So, I made efforts to transform our family into "living green", cloth diapering, soap making, booted the TV, composting, gardening, etc...  We bought into a local CSA and reaped the benefits of fresh local veggies.  I also froze, cooked and canned them to get us through winter.  We get our milk from a local dairy and I use it also to make our own cheese, yogurt, sour cream, etc..  Anything and everything I could think of to bring us "back to basics".
Just recently as my youngest turned 15 months, I decided it was time to focus a little on me.  After 2 babies in 2 years and then spending a solid year after that completely devoted to the kids, I needed it.  I started using Isagenix products and started feeling great.  So great, I became a rep and started selling the products myself.  My next goal was the '10 Day Real Food Challenge' where I learned SO much about healthy eating.  I will honestly never eat the same again.  No white flour, pasta or rice.  No sugar.  Nothing canned or boxed that has more than 5 ingredients or a shelf life over a year. 
I began to sneak in exercise, when the children would allow.  I really felt like I looked and felt at the top of my game! 
I also started to get involved in the community.  I volunteered at the church nursery on Sundays.  I took on a major role revitalizing the local Farmer's Market. Would I accept the nomination for PTO President? Sure.  Join the CT State Animal Rescue Team? Yeah. Take Community Emergency Response Team basic training? Absolutely.  How about some extra FEMA classes just in case that weren't enough.  Bring it on.  I....AM....INVINCIBLE!!
End of story... Or, at least this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment